Monday, June 7, 2010

Still Payin' My Dues

My health is on its way back, so the weight training is in my near future again.  I've stayed about the same weight, but I sure don't feel as good as I did back in March.  This has been a long battle, and I feel like this chapter isn't yet over.

In other news, I'm excited with the friendship that has been built, broken, rebuilt, broken again, and rebuilt again.  It seems building a strong foundation has been through building scar tissue in the layers that make up our past.  Nothing good comes without great sacrifice.  Both sides have worked hard for this one.

One thing I never realized were the pair of big shoes I carry around that need to be filled.  Today my dear friend mentioned feeling like he has to fill the empty shoes of my father.  Emotionally, I fear he may be right.  I am fully capable of taking care of myself, but in the company of a male I prefer to be taken care of.  I've never once asked for financial support or more than one meal, but I lack some of the confidence and emotional stability that may be different had I a stronger family support system.  Who knows.

The hair has been redone... The closet is being refilled slowly... My relationship situation is being rebuilt...

My body... needs to be reconstructed.  I have work to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment