Saturday, December 6, 2008

Doing the Dave Ramsey No. 2

For anyone interested, Dave is coming to G.R. at the Van Andel in February. Tickets start at $32.00. I recommend looking into volunteering for the event, being there at 2pm to work the night, and get to see the show for free. Unfortunately I work early mornings, and I will be in bed before the show is over. Hah.

I will not be attending, but I will be working towards finishing off my credit card debt. For too long I have been borrowing OPM (other people’s money). The OPM has had me in a chokehold, and I am breaking free. I have cut back even further on my spending. I have stayed on track and am looking forward to being credit card debt free in February.

Some changes have been made that have helped substantially. Between the two jobs, I have been picking up 5 to 10 hours a week more than I am regularly scheduled. With another person in the house, my housing costs have dropped to about one third of my income. [Yay!] Within the next two weeks that third credit card will be paid off and meeting its death with THE SHREDDER. I think the best thing is that I have learned to say “NO” to myself.

Many thanks for the support, much love to you all, and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment