Saturday, December 27, 2008

My Post from Bodybuilding.com

Must love Christmas time!
Isaiah 40:28-31 (New International Version)

28 Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.

29 He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.

30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;

31 but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

As the new year quickly approaches, I can tell you that I am glad this year is passing. The last two years have been the most challenging. New year’s resolutions are now to be formed…

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/zaino38.htm

I desire to become stronger in my Christian faith. My days may already start at an early 4am before work, but I am going to do my best to start every morning with a reading from the Bible. I want to read the Bible in full throughout the year and gain new understandings. I hope to find a church to call “home” and grow in understang, faith, and fellowship. I want to get back into volunteering and giving my time to works for the Lord. I live a busy lifestyle as it is with my two jobs and college, but I desire to do more for my spiritual life.

College leaves me with a year and a half before I complete my degree, as long as all goes as planned. Beginning in March I will become part time in my college studies, and I hope to become NASM certified by the end of summer. Being part time will allow myself more time for work, for volunteering, for developing my physical strength, and living a more balanced lifestyle. It may, however, challenge my finances, as I am not in control of what classes they offer and may result in my under-half-time status throughout part of the last year [meaning I will not be able to take a loan for that portion]. I hope that does not become the case.

I am staying strong in becoming financially independent, that is apart from having loaned monies. I have paid off two accounts in the last year and am hoping to pay off two more in the next three months. I am currently eleven grand under with six and a half years of college behind me. Yes, I am deep in my seventh year. Argh. The plan is to pay off over three thousand in the next five months. I am hoping after next year I will not have to continue working sixty hour work weeks.

Working so much has taken its toll on my body, and I desire to get it back to where it used to be. I have not been eating as best as I could be. I have not been having as great workouts as I could be. I have not been sleeping as much or as well as I could be. I have not been taking care of my body, this temple, as best as I could be. Therefore, this is a very important step. If I am not taking care of my physical body as best as I can, how then will I be able to apply myself at best to all the other areas of my life here on Earth? This will be a primary focus of mine. I must update you all monthly with new numbers and pictures. I hope to get back down to 15-16% by at least May. I must stay on track with steadfastness, not allowing anything to get in my path.

Another note: I desire not to have another relationship without it being deeply integrated and based with a foundation of a love for God. I have made this mistake numerous times in the past, and this problem alone has brought many “demons” into my life. I will not permit similar occurences into my life.

I am excited to see what the 2009 year brings. I am keeping my lifestyle at a bare minimum. I am a simple person who enjoys a simple lifestyle. I do not collect “stuff.” I want to continue to live this life in a manner that honors God. I will continue to live a simple and healthy lifestyle and deepen my relationship with God.

What will you be doing in this upcoming year?

No comments:

Post a Comment