Sunday, March 22, 2009

Doing the Dave Ramsey No. 4

“Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint (Isaiah 40:28-31 NIV).”

Blessings. Blessings, blessings, blessings! Waiting with purpose brings blessings. I have seen so many recently including in my relationships with Holly and Char, getting contacted by Camille, being loved by the members of MVP, and having a family that stretches all throughout western Michigan. Praise God! It’s a really tough challenge to wait, to struggle while waiting, and to pray when all seems rough, but it is certainly worth it.

Sometimes we’re thrown big challenges and who can be sure just why we have to face what we must. I’m in the midst of having a lot of repairs done on my car. Spent over $600 this last week on repairs, and there is still so much to be done. [I’ll be testing myself again with frequent kidney bean soup again for the next month.] I am grateful for my two jobs, for having money saved for emergencies, and for the support of family and friends when my car is not the most reliable. Car repairs every year seem to be the biggest charge on the credit card, and it looks like this year I will be mostly prepared throughout the big repairs.

Most who know me well know how much I keep a constant eye on my finances. Having done some bookkeeping at work has had me in the habit for years now in keeping a budget in a spreadsheet. I must enter in values for every account at least once or twice a week. I have gotten better about saving money using coupon and seeking out great deals; I thank Sarah for helping me learn. (Check out her website here: http://sarahsdeals.blogspot.com/ ) I was hoping to have one more of my (now four including college loans [was seven]) negative accounts paid off this month, and before the car repairs I was getting close. I now plan on having two of the four paid off by August, and it will happen. I will continue to stay on track and make progress despite temporarily taking a step back.

I was struggling the last couple weeks, especially with prayer and trusting. I need to pray and trust and to keep a solid foundation with a relationship with God in my life. I struggled, and I believe God has been using certain people to get be back on track. Who knows where I am being led, but I am so excited for the paths I am facing towards. Pray and trust. Please continue to pray that God lead me in the direction He wants me to go.

With continued thanks,
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment