Friday, March 5, 2010

“I Got That Stamina”

Link to today’s song choice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65l8zVTp5Zo

I often refer to myself as Vicki from Small Wonder, the robot girl who would ‘sleep’ in the closet. And, as one who seems to work nonstop and rarely sleeps, I’m “tired of charging my batteries;” I have far too much I want to do! For those without my stamina, it’s too bad you’re not my competition.

The big initial interview is less than a week away now! I know it will “shock me, change me, … keep me going, [and] make me feel brand new.” But, it also brings to the front of the table the fact that “I need somebody in my life who’se got that extra titanium;” it’s a big reason for the occasion. But, as I have said before: anything is possible. Will you repeat that back to me? Or “can you keep up with me tonight?” I could “show you all the reasons [why] I go so far.”

So far, my training has been lacking this week. Despite having three good mornings at the gym working, I’ve had to put long hours into job numero dos before I head off on some vacation time. Feeling as though my week has been compressed and with mid-semester exams next week, I still have much to do before I take off! Still, I hope to work out every body part again before my body runs off into the unknown.

My most recent status update was: do what scares you the most, but my history might reveal my chronic contemplation. Yes, folks, I have a severe case of behavioral procrastination that I am trying to fight off! Do you “know how to power me?” I find that living where the cold is brings the most frustration as my best gains come in the late summer after plenty of hard work. Then, it’s all downhill as the snow begins to come down and linger for months! It’s about this time, when the days are obviously getting longer and the weather begins to warm, that I get excited; my blood is beginning to boil with the thrill of what may come next. So, here I sit fighting, doing my best to shock myself into action.

“Can you keep up with me tonight? ... I got that stamina!”

“5-4-3-2-1, time to launch it. I can’t seem to stop.”

Today’s song: “Stamina” by Cozi Costi

No comments:

Post a Comment