Sunday, February 28, 2010

"Hurts Like This"

There is something about having Valentine's Day just recently passed and working out in the gym near daily, if not more than once a day, that makes me miss you more, makes me miss coming home to someone dear and special. I leave for London in less than two weeks and hope its the beginning of the end. This is a dream of mine. The training, the traveling, the hope.

Still, "the walls between you and I" seem to be "always pushing us apart," and it scares me as "the space between our calm and rage" recently "started growing shorter." Some days I sit at home wondering when I may see you. And, "I wish it didn't hurt like this."

I love being asked questions about my training, and I'm bound to ask you questions about yours for as long as I may be able to pick your brain. I love the soreness I feel in my muscles as you push me directly or indirectly to work harder on my goals as I see you conquer your own.

"Do you believe that time heals all wounds?" The time without someone at my side, without holding another's hand has been all too long, and "this could [be] the best we've ever had." So, "I need to say so bad, 'what [are] you waiting for?'" Is it me you've been looking for?

"I was sitting there waiting in my room for you" developing a plan to keep me busy while you were away. I was developing my plan towards becoming an IFBB pro when you came walking in. I was developing my plan towards finishing college and tossing my life to the wind. And, here I go taking a leap. This is my dream. This is where everything becomes real. And, will you be joining me in all that is left?

"I was sitting there waiting in my room for you"...

Today's Song: Skillet's "The Older I Get"

No comments:

Post a Comment