Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Darkest Hour

I won’t lie. I don’t think anyone owes me anything.

It’s an unfortunate day, one that takes on a life of its own as I “put on my happy face” and parade around the world in a character that is not the one bound up within this human frame. My head aches trying to keep up with the rushing thoughts traveling through my mind. Oh, this sound of madness!

It’s not only my mind that is screaming on the inside; my muscles are screaming as well. A beautiful back workout executed with intense focus on Wednesday has left my back burning. It feels like I just got the worst sun burn of my life. Who knew pull-downs, rows, and extensions would leave me feeling this on fire? But, this is part of my fight for myself.

…..

It’s an unfortunate day, one that requires a Taylor Swift song to make the day brighten. Who knew that I would enjoy her “Today was a Fairytale” song? Even silent communication with Mr. Incredible that ended in tears was made a bit better. And then I was reminded of this post: http://faithfamilyfitness.blogspot.com/2009/04/who-am-i-to-doubt.html

I sit here, as the night gets late, with soreness in my back driving me madder than the rest of the day. I want nothing more than to drive out all the pain, even if that means a good run in the morning and another workout in the afternoon. I want nothing more than the migraine to stop and the colors to rush back into my skin. Sleep sounds like the easy answer.

Today’s song: Shinedown’s "Sound Of Madness"

“Yeah, I get it.”

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes times are tough for no reason at all. Just remember that God loves you and has a plan for your life. Go to Him in prayer and you will never come out with a wrong answer.

    You are an inspiration to many. Good luck going forward!

    ReplyDelete