Wednesday, February 2, 2011

"It's Getting Cold In Here"

After shoveling crazy amounts of snow, cooking, plenty of cleaning, and bathing the dog, I took some time out for me.  I hit the weights at home, while I have been snowed in, and even fixed the cycling bike!  Woo!



I may not have the coolest home gym.  There are no rings, no climbing wall, no training board, no monkey bars, but maybe someday.  I've seen the setups, so I think the recreation into one giant home gym would be a riot.  For now, I have my essentials.  I have all I had when I was in my best shape.  I am motivated to get there again now.  Might as well start on the summer body right now anyway!



This is where I am at.  Gosh, it's scary to me!  My body took a real beating this last year.  I'm going to have to hit the weights hard this year, and, boy, is it in my plans!  Today's workout was a scattered mess, having been cooking dinner at the same time, having had Jake arrive to use the snowblower on the drive (Thank God!), and then getting back to it after I ate dinner and digested it a bit.  Regardless, during the process I managed also to fix the stationary bike that was on stop mode continuously.


The bike was a victim of my quick repairs, and I was glad it was rather simple.  [I don't recommend anyone buy this bike, but it still works.  So, I have yet to throw it out!]  After fixing it, I took advantage of it and took out my physical aggression on the rotating pedals for a quick thirty minutes.  Oh, to be back to some cardio interval training!  How good it was to sweat and then immediately after follow it up with some jump roping!  It was awesome.

I "fire[d] it up" today!  Still didn't get the list of 'things to do' done, but I had a shoveling and Sara time day.  It was a snow day for most of Michigan, so why shouldn't I have spent it as 'me time?'  It was well deserved!

Another Comic for Today [though more like 10 inches!] (Switching today's comics would probably be most appropriate!):

1 comment:

  1. sometimes me time is a must :)


    Glad to see the gym and the bike working again! Hope you will keep updating here on fitness goals/progress!

    I will try to follow as I progress through my program as well!

    Best of luck! Keep truckin!

    ReplyDelete