Wednesday, February 9, 2011

"Your Arms Are Wrapped Around"

I am completely in love with Jars of Clay's song "Shelter" right now, since I heard it earlier for the first time on Way FM on the drive home from work.  It has such a warm, calming effect.  Unfortunately, I am unable to add it to the player below at this time.  Bummer.

More bummer: I was absolutely and horribly ill Sunday after my morning run.  Something hit me hard that morning.  Maybe I just didn't eat enough.  I went to the gym early and feeling great.  I ran a good five miles, of a planned eight, but I was hungry and needed to stop to eat.  I ate something and continued to run some errands.  I arrived back home with the plan to leave to my sister's.  Instead I cooked a meal, ate half, took a pain relief and took a nap.  Finished the meal upon waking, felt sick to my stomach, felt I had a fever, my head was killing me, and even the light hurt my eyes.  I went back to bed, slept until late into the evening, and woke up feeling fine.  I worked both jobs the next day, waking at 3:30 am and felt great all day.

Enter this week's comic:

[Have I mentioned how much I enjoy
Patrick McDonnell's Mutts comics?]

I'm feeling good today, at least in comparison to what I've dealt with!  I put myself back on the omeprazole, mostly as a precaution, to make sure I feel great when I fly out to Drew again.  I wish my body would stop beating me up.  But, I suppose it's fair treatment for all I've put my body through.  Ha.  This probably shouldn't surprise me; I just wish I could find a way to make it stop.

I still have more to say... a nap is needed though.  Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment