Wednesday, February 2, 2011

"Like Puzzle Pieces In Your Hand"

Today's Song: Red "Pieces"

"I'm here again."  Another friend surprised me the other morning.  One of my former running partners, from back when my gym was under a different name, came running at me Monday morning for a high five and a "I just wanted to say 'hi'" before running back to his workout partner.  Like the other few that came running in from out of no where after months or years of not speaking, why now?  Why all at once?

This running friend of mine and I have spoken in the last year, so updating him on Montana Man and my health was fairly easy.  I got advice I wasn't expecting and was told quite a few times to continue praying.  This may be the most religious friend I have who shows people he lives the way he believes.  And, it's probably what I needed that day, this week, this month, at the beginning of this year.  Old friendships are great because they remind me of who I have been and what I have made it through; they remind me how tough I am.

Enter in the workouts!  Today's workout looks like it will be shoveling:


Ally and I made a small dent in the shoveling before taking this picture.  The predictions were for 8 to 16 inches of snow, and we sure got it!  And, it is still snowing!  There is much to do, much to do yet!

I'm more interested though in applying to more job opportunities and working out in the basement.  I just made another batch of buckwheat groats to toss in my breakfast omelette this morning.  The gym is closed due to the inclement weather.  Stuck here at the house, I have no reason to not work at the list of things I have to do!  Stuck... literally!  Ha.  Ask for snow and you shall receive!


No comments:

Post a Comment