Sunday, March 6, 2011

"No Plan B"

"There's no Plan B."

I heard this song nearly every time I got into my car yesterday.  I added it to my playlist about a week ago.

"Hit the streets."

I picked up more hours at work for today.  A short day, but add it to the other short day I plan on picking up this week, and it's a consistent bonus to my weeks.  The extra hours have been a blessing.  And, it's nice finding those weak fellows who don't mind me taking them.

I'm hoping to hit the weights light today.  It's something that I've been putting off quite often.  I don't mean to, there is just so much going on.  Between talking to Laura trying to set up swim times to training for my cycling routine, I find myself sleeping unexpectedly at sometimes 6pm at night.  It makes me miss my caffeine, but I feel awesome when I wake up.

"Face myself or get taken out."

I feel like everyone has been fighting a common cold except for me this winter season.  Despite my own internal pains, It feels amazing knowing that my immune system has been strong enough to keep sickness away.  I don't know that I could handle going through anything similar to last year all over again.  I'm at a point where I finally feel like I am taking control of my body again.  And yet, there is so much left to do.

"And I know that this road is my destiny."

I'm thrilled for what's to come!  I know I hit rock bottom last year at about the same a year ago.  To look back and see what has happened since: amazing!  And, I'm only feeling better and better as the days go on.

"Born for this, victorious."

It's back to the gym.  Back to the grind.  Back to the bike.  Back to running in this race of life.

But first, it's back to work!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to read how everything is going for you right now. God is amazing, ain't he? It sometimes takes struggles whether it be health, social, or career to make me realize how good I have it and I bet you can agree about your life too. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete