Tuesday, April 5, 2011

God's Got His Hand On Me

Song for today: "The Words I Would Say" by Sidewalk Prophets

Now is the perfect time for me to write.  My mind is clear.  My blood is flowing.  My thoughts are brewing.  I have so much going on mentally.

Years ago I turned down a job with Health Motion in Rockford after having already been in the Health Motion downtown shadowing.  I had gone back to school, and I even remember taking the call while I was walking to the science building at the college.  I was so excited, but I also couldn't pull the hours that they were giving me the opportunity to take; my plate was full at that time.  It may be time to get back in there.

There's been a lot more prayer in the last year than what I am used to.  Drew's call tonight was an answered prayer.  It was at a perfect time having just finished my research online and had my previously purchased and never really read textbook on manual (massage) therapy.  His statement on how if I were to get into another direction for a few years and then fall back into the thought of going to college for physical therapy hit a parallel with my own thoughts.  Why not just do it now?  Why not make that your direction now?  I know there will be plenty more prayer time ahead of me.

I feel like I've forgotten what its like to be a student, and I'm enjoying finally being able to enjoy some time away from working 24-7 and not feeling like I'm getting anywhere with me, with working on who I am and where I am headed both with my career and physically.  I look at all that I've been through and what still is possible... and what people have said about me, my personality and work ethic(!), and I get excited!  Still, my brain hurts just contemplating what all has to be done!  This begins the 'one step at a time' mentality!

Now, all I'm thinking is how I can prepare myself over the next year or two to make it into the program and survive the program both with the prerequisites and financially.  It's number crunching time!

No comments:

Post a Comment