Sunday, April 17, 2011

"Walked Upon The Raging Sea" Part 2

Well, two nights on 3rds last week, and they both went really well.  I felt like the second night went better, but I did have less busy work that night as well.  Boss lady says she'll let me have full-time on 3rds once the lady I am replacing leaves.  Yay!  This is demotion I've been waiting for!  Ha.  I love how calm the work is and hope I can catch on better to all the little things that require our attention at night and the general order of things.  Only two weeks of scattered shifts!  3rds here I come!

I've been having trouble sleeping at night since I switched myself around the first night.  I find that I get a lot more done at night without the distractions of the day.  And, I also find that I don't much mind sleeping during the day, though I may find summer months hard... not wanting to miss any of the day!  Anyway, I am excited for this change, and I will be adding school on top of that once late August comes.  I know the possibilities that this may be exhausting, and I may have to go back to working short 1st/2nd shifts.  But, I am hoping this whole summer will allow me to adjust like I need to for the few morning classes I plan on taking.

I've been looking at a few colleges thus far to compare the classes I need yet for entrance into doctorate physical therapy programs.  The four main classes I need are two physics, one additional biology, and possibly one more chemistry.  Why do they have to be all lab classes?  Ha.  Two in the fall, two in the winter, experience in the summer... maybe even a job as a tech or secretary... even if it is in another state... and maybe two years before actually starting the program?  Is that too long from now?  I really would like to have more money in the bank before I jump into my three dedicated years of physical therapy school.  I'm focusing on these first four classes first!

Then I come to the question of whether I should find a better job now and just take one class at a time, though half time would defer the loans I already am paying on.  My brother says yes, but I'm mentally exhausted and simply want to focus on one thing right now and not so much a new job.  But, I have still been applying, so we will have to wait and see.  I just need 3rds to keep me away from people for a while. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment