Saturday, May 7, 2011

Surviving Yesterday

I hadn't slept well yesterday morning or the previous evening for that matter.  I knew I wanted to get my hour run in, and I did successfully complete it.  The sun was out as I ran and the temperatures only rose.  I knew I was overdressed half way through.  I feared I hadn't eaten enough the night before or may have been a bit dehydrated.  Immediately after I took in fluids, a bit of food, and went to bed only to lie there eyes wide open.

So, I got up and left the house to meet my sister for lunch.  I knew I was tired.  I felt nauseous.  I was far too warm.  I wondered if I had reached the point of heatstroke.  The symptoms are always the same though, and the nausea is common for me with all the struggling I went through last year with the doctors and no solutions found.  I took my whole lunch home, only a few bites taken out of it, drove home alright, and tried my best to sleep.

I don't know that I've ever slept worse.  I was miserable.  I tossed and turned.  I know some of it was exhaustion both physically and mentally.  I know some of it could be anxiety from looking for places to move into.  I've felt great lately, so this absolutely sucked.  I do not want to find myself back where I was last year.  I've done my best to fight my way back.  Maybe I was deficient in a vitamin or mineral; I've been forgetting to take my dailies.  I took a B12, finally took in some food, and tried again at the sleeping thing.  Eventually I got it and just woke around 1am, but this was awful.

I'm feeling chills now, so at least I know my body temperature is down.  I think I need to watch the heart rate while I run more than I had today, but that's absolutely frustrating.  I just want this body to work more like it used to.  Looks like I'll try running my week three training over again, and see how another hour at the end of this next week works out for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment