Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A Little Bit of Love!

[Thank you Shakira!]

I get to see my doctor next Tuesday.  They found a location of mutation cells from all the tests they ran the day before I left for Oregon.  It's kind of a relief, though it sucks still, that they found anything.  This last year has been awful, really, for me.  If nothing else, thank God for Drew to help keep me sane!  I still wish that Oregon would have gone so much differently, but live and learn.  Still, the doctors are telling me the area is precancerous but not to worry because they're going to get it out.  And, that makes me feel so much better.  Surgery then more testing after 3-4 months to determine whether I can rest easy and just deal with my digestive issues, lol, and that will be the end of it.  Hopefully.

I have yet to understand how much time I should take off work, but at least the timing is right.  My temptation rightfully refuses to tempt, the pilot is long gone, and I'm in this time of transition with just about everything.  And, since I've been feeling really well and coming up healthy in all the tests, recovery should be simple.  Maria brought home a 2011 daily sudoku calendar to keep my mind off everything, especially Oregon, and you can tell how well its been working, right?  I love her for it!  But, it is nice to feel like all the stress and pain my poor immune system (thank goodness it is strong) has been dealing with may have a better 2012.  I am already looking forward to it!

I'm still dealing with the gastritis, and I struggled with it in Oregon a lot, especially since drinking a lot would have probably lightened the mood every day.  We should have went to the bars daily; I'm just not that kind of person with the pain that alcohol can cause in my digestive system!  Fudge, right!  And, I am enjoying my caffeine in limited doses being back home, and it sure does help keep me in great spirits.  I'm feeling really great though, continuously, and life is just getting better and better as I am getting past all the shit I've dealt with this last year.  Conclusions brighten my mood these days!  Whoo!

Today is a light running day, but I have yet to tackle it.  I slept mostly through the night, a shocker being a third shifter, but I think I'll eat another meal, hit the weights on upper body and a lil' back, then run before late as the temperatures cool down outdoors and the caffeine in my system wears off.  I've been feeling really strong.  :D  This world is in for it!  Watch out!  This gal is back!  I only fear what my doctors are going to tell me as far as restrictions and recovery time.  Will I be able to swim?  Have a beer after work?  Keep running on schedule?  We will see!

Either way with it all... I am happy.  I know I'm on the right path still.  I feel like it is a clearer path as well.  How can I really be this happy today? (!)  :D  Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment