Friday, June 10, 2011

"I Want To Fly Away"

"I Want To Get Away"

So, everyone has been great at work.  What a last couple days!  From hugs from Marcia, Brad, Gary, etc..., the willing bodies from 2nd shift to take a road trip and offer to do damage (jokingly and lovingly), to the offers from the young guys in the back to take care of any of my needs.  Ha.  Seriously!

I need these two days away from work.  Yet, here I sat trying to finish The Endurance before the library due date.  With a 5pm appointment to check out a house and having had my first cup of coffee in a long time, I don't think I'll be sleeping til dark today.  I postponed my run til tomorrow, due to today's rain.  And, I think I'll attempt the 8.7 hilly miles tomorrow.  I think I'm scheduled for a 90 minute run, but I know I'll probably be a bit over.  We will see.  The weather looks perfect after the rain clears tomorrow morning.

I tried working some of the knots out of my back with Ally's tennis ball, but I know I'm still due for a visit with Stephanie.  It's on my long list of things to do.  The docs didn't like what they found from the testing done the day before I left to see Drew.  Another appointment will happen in the near future.  Bummer on top of bummer.  Maybe just one or two last visits?  I'm still not planning on having the surgery they recommended last fall.  Maybe down the road, but I'm maintaining everything rather well right now.  I've been feeling really good compared to all the days in the last year.

This feeling good is awesome, and this next week shall be huge in my search and determination for new employment.  It's been too long already.  I'm fighting, and I want the next big promotion.  It's mine.  Mary even said last night how excited she is to have me as her protege.  Game on.  This race is mine!  I shall not be disqualified!  Hear me roar!  I've had enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment