Saturday, June 6, 2009

Day 6 Exodus 16-28

Day 6 Exodus 16-28

Exodus 18:15-16 “Moses answered him, ‘Because the people come to me to seek God's will. Whenever they have a dispute, it is brought to me, and I decide between the parties and inform them of God's decrees and laws.’”

Exodus 19:3-6 “Then Moses went up to God, and the LORD called to him from the mountain and said, ‘This is what you are to say to the house of Jacob and what you are to tell the people of Israel: “You yourselves have seen what I did to Egypt, and how I carried you on eagles' wings and brought you to myself. Now if you obey me fully and keep my covenant, then out of all nations you will be my treasured possession. Although the whole earth is mine, you will be for me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.” These are the words you are to speak to the Israelites.’”

- The Lord speaks with Moses telling him the Ten Commandments at Mount Sinai (See Exodus 20).

- Rules about both servants and injuries to both people and animals are announced as well as further rules regarding people and property.

Exodus 23:25-26 “Worship the LORD your God, and his blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you, and none will miscarry or be barren in your land. I will give you a full life span.”

Exodus 24:7-8 “Then he took the Book of the Covenant and read it to the people. They responded, ‘We will do everything the LORD has said; we will obey.’ Moses then took the blood, sprinkled it on the people and said, ‘This is the blood of the covenant that the LORD has made with you in accordance with all these words.’”

Exodus 24:12 “The LORD said to Moses, ‘Come up to me on the mountain and stay here, and I will give you the tablets of stone, with the law and commands I have written for their instruction.’”

- Moses receives instruction for the building and furnishing of the tabernacle.

- He also receives instruction on bringing Aaron and his sons to serve as priests, as well as details on the garments they are to wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment