Sunday, January 30, 2011

"Only The Strongest"

Today's Song: Breaking Benjamin's "Blow Me Away"

If I'm going to continue to stick to using Christian music and get back to working out several days a week, then I have to turn to a bit of hard rock Christian music!  This is no "Down With The Sickness" but it definitely works for me.

I've been in the process of collecting all of my belongings to one place.  Goodness!  But, even more, I cleaned everything out of my car.  I had rollerblades, a basketball, a speed training ladder, frisbee golf frisbees, jump ropes, a bike helmet, a football, and seven pairs of shoes, including the sandals.  Most of those shoes, if not all, I haven't seen or worn for months, probably summer!  How soon can the snow disappear so I can put them all back in?  Wait, wait, wait... not yet!  But for now, all this stuff sits in the space of one room, along with all of the other stuff.

This is my week to get organized.  Today was a day of cooking.  I didn't get as much done as I wanted to either, but there is laundry to do, exercise to be done, and a dog to play with.  Tomorrow is a long day at both jobs, but the next three days come with just eight hours of work.  A real break!  Ha!  That means I will be able to get some solid sleep, at least on Wednesday morning!  There is constantly more to do than hours in the day allow.

The best part though, I am still caffeine free except for the allowed green tea.  I know that as soon as I get back to lifting heavy again I will want the caffeine pre-workout boost, so I will need to be careful not to get back on it consistently.  It feels so great to be both away from caffeine and no longer chewing gum.  Both have been long battles.  It sounds ridiculous, but it's like trying to stop driving a car when it's all you've done since grade school.  Though, caffeine free, gum free, and car free doesn't sound bad either.

Earlier the dog and I went for a walk and a jog, and I must have tired her out.  She's been passed out in her favorite spot since we came back home two hours ago.  Down at the park we ran around inside the gated rink, which was nice because then she could run free without being afraid of her getting out and away.  We ran inside the rink in large circles, and I've never seen her so excited to 'play.'  I hope by 9pm tonight I am as tired and comfortable in my resting spot as she looks right now in hers.

I'm ready to lift heavy, but will take the next two weeks to get full body workouts in before I go after attack my body hard again.  I shall get some beginning stats this week at some point.  It's been quite a while since I made any updates on Bodyspace.  I think it's what will help the most, getting back to who I have been.  (The dog switched positions and looks so human with her front paws under her head while she sleeps.)  I need to get back to the shape I was in before I switched protein powders and weeks later found myself at the doc's office.  I need my sleep and training.  They brings me back to my 'About Me.'


Comic for the day:


No comments:

Post a Comment