Friday, February 19, 2010

"Break Away"

So, I passed my CPT exam! I'm officially a certified trainer without a hired position or any clients. High five! Ha. What has happened in the last twenty four hours is completely surreal to me. I feel the only thing that has kept me going is the caffeine in my system.

Wherefore art thou Mr. Incredible?

Last night the silence ate at me as I studied the final night away after a calming yoga class. My head was spinning by the time I crashed, falling asleep on the floor of my bedroom. Today, everything that has happened up to this point was just confirmed. Oh, what great weight has been lifted from my shoulders!

So, I tortured my shoulder muscles today. I needed another "pick me up." And, being at the gym was perfect. It was almost a scene out of Stomp the Yard the movie. Having my run and lifting the weights was exactly what I needed. If you were there, you know it as truth! Stretching out the muscles of the lower extremities in preparation for tomorrow felt great. There's no stopping me now. IFBB competitors watch out! "I won't stop. I won't say I've had enough."

This is the beginning of my break away. This is my break away from all of those who've pushed down my dream. This is my break away from all of those who've tried to stand in my way. This is my break away from the bubble I have built comfortably around me. "Tonight I break away."

"Break away from everybody
Break away from everything
If you can't stand the way this place is
Take yourself to higher places
...
Let's go we're gonna light it up
Tonight we start the fire
Tonight we break away"

Keep training, and I'll see you in the gym!

Song of the day: Three Days Grace's "Break"

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!...I've fallen off the ball lately :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well now I know to look for you blogging on here instead of Bodyspace. Congrats on passing the test! Im sure you worked hard to achieve it.

    ReplyDelete