Thursday, February 18, 2010

"I've Tried To Tell You"

Did I see it in my dreams? Could I really believe it? Not only did it happen, but it happened how I thought it would twice! Unbelievable! I almost wish I could "put your mind at ease, again," but instead I am here laughing at you. I am walking away with a smile on my face.

I bet "you've been tossing turning" as if you're "so damn worried." Other things are "getting underneath [my] skin," but you're certainly not one of them! "I've tried to tell you now; don't look over your shoulder, 'cause that's just the ghost of me you're seeing in your dreams." I'm not about to help you now.

And to my own skin irritations:

"Wait there's no rhyme or reason
Sometimes there's no meaning
In the visions when you're sleepin'
Don't wake up and believe them
You're looking at the ghost of me"

I am bound to move on again soon; Mr. Incredible is calling. I've worked too hard for far too long. Underpaid and underappreciated. I cannot continue to please everyone else when I'm still working on pleasing me. Take my money and run. I know it's getting underneath your skin now, but I'm done worrying about giving them all they want. I'm done doing your dirty work. I'm reclaiming my time.

"Don't look over your shoulder
'cause that's just the ghost of me
You're seeing in your dreams
...
You're looking at the ghost of me
You're looking at the ghost of me
You're looking at the ghost of me"

Song of the day: "Ghost of Me" by Daughtry

No comments:

Post a Comment