Sunday, May 15, 2011

I've Been Pissed Lately

Rarrr!  Hear me bleed bloody words out of my mouth!  Rarr!

I finally felt like myself and was actually tempted to go shopping, but I resisted.  Instead..., I had an awesome day of "cooking."  I wish I had taken pictures of my progress.  I started at about 3am working on baking the chickpeas and later on just before noon steamed up some veggies .  I was hoping to get a good run in, but I opted out; I had considered biking the length instead too.  But, the weather was cold, rainy, and windy this morning, and I do not want to challenge my immune system against a cold right now.

...

Yesterday night, I made a snack hoping that tahini, honey, and cocoa would taste like a nice fudge.  I was greatly disappointed, but when I exchange the tahini for almond butter and add a little, little bit of water... wahla!  Brilliant with slices of banana!  LOVE!

I love food.  I also discovered my love for the jicama root, which comes from Mexico and is part of the pea family.  It looks on the inside like a white potato but can be eaten raw, which I absolutely love, and tastes just like sweet peas.  I'm sure I've eaten more than half of the thing that was bigger than my two fists put together.

I'm feeling really good right now and am nearing a bit of tiredness.  I guess I should get ready for a nap before the kids get home early with miss thang whiny dog... since their ball game for today was canceled.  Bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment