Friday, December 18, 2009

"Everything Will Be Okay"

Yesterday morning I was watching a member at the club using a jump rope. I nearly laughed as I watched this small human use the rope appearing as a young bird, new to the world, and just learning to use its wings. Small things that cause laughter within us are things we should remember and hold onto tightly. It is the little things in life that make the journey so enjoyable.

I find that despite having been very up and down in my recent levels of health, I haven’t allowed the sickness to destroy my spirit. I do not think I have felt completely well a week straight since I moved into the new place, but my smile still exists as strong as ever. Today I was on Dayquil and Benedryl simultaneously, and my coworker said she couldn’t tell I was sick but could say my eyes looked bigger than normal. Hearing her say that made me laugh. I had a very pleasant day at work despite being drugged up, and everyone else seemed to be in a good Christmas spirit.

Another thing today that made my day: The other day my “service engine soon” light came on and wouldn’t go off. I’m fairly certain it is one of my three sensors out again, but the service engine light didn’t stay on tonight. I had taken the dogs out for their run without concern that it might be something worse than a sensor that needs to be replaced. With the holiday right around the corner, I did not want to have to worry about something seriously wrong with my car. It would have been very bad timing. I just hope now that it doesn’t continue to light up and stay on. Knock on wood.

I haven’t been doing my Dave Ramsey notes, as I was previously. I will have to start again as I renew my budgeting goals with the arrival of the New Year. The final credit card will be paid off early this year. College loans will be going into repayment after I graduate, but I’ve already been making payments. I have a large supply of rice in the pantry to keep me going. I have separate goals for weight gain and health that I hope will not be diminished by my financial goals. But, a single trip out of the country could change everything!

Much love! – Nutmegpeach

Today's song: "Jump Rope" – Blue October

No comments:

Post a Comment