Saturday, January 23, 2010

"Get Out of My Way"

Legs and back. Torturing my body with lunges, squats, and pull ups. Feeling the weights pulling down with gravity against my body's strength. Feeling the exhaustion slowly settling in. Feeling every push. Feeling every pull. Standing up. Power. Legs and back. "Now bring it on!"

Focusing on this continuous battle against gravity and additional weights: this is my fight. "Get out of my way." I'm "doing this everyday." I'm exercising "at any time in the morning or even the evening," and, if twice is necessary, I'm doing it. "Now bring it on!"

Building muscles. Testing the limits of this body. Testing the limits of my mind. Pushing forward. Pulling up. I'm bringing it on!

I'm feeling alright today, but I'm ready for more! I'm thinking after doing more lunges than squats this morning, stair climbing may have to be in my near future, within the remainder of the day. But first, I need a shower! Stand tall y'all and "bring it on!"

Song for today: "Bring It On" by Daddy Yankee

No comments:

Post a Comment