Monday, July 26, 2010

Lost at Home

"I hope you’re learning to listen
And I hope you’re learning to stay
And I hope you find what you’re missing
And I hope that you’re making you’re way"

I'm watching "Lost in Translation" (2003 movie) today.  It brings me back to my days in Europe, when the language wasnt my own and made me feel lost.  When the music channel was all that amused Cem and I with a bit of English language at most hours of the day with the same songs repeating often, those were hard days.  And where else do Westerners gather but the (many) local Starbucks that can be found in Barcelona, Spain.  But, please don't remind me of the long hours of plane flights!  The best flight was the one back to London, Great Britain.  Shorter and healthy with great company, good seats, and great food upon arriving home.

Home: a concept I feel mostly while I am working at the club in the four earlier hours of the day.  Home: a concept that I do not feel my boss understands with my willingness to be there every morning if not need be for 'my family,' though I do not tell him I feel as though they are all family. 

Back to watching the movie.  Just the simple sound of a foreign emergency vehicle brings back memories of Spain.  Traveling was once a thing I didn't imagine myself doing much of.  Today, all I want to do is to travel to as many places as possible.  And the movie fails me, or my computer does, and I am turning back to reading Eat Pray Love to travel some more through India.  Until later Japan, Spain, Great Britain.  Hello again, for a moment, America.  Home. 

"I just don't know what I'm supposed to be."
"You'll figure that out. The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."
       - From "Lost in Translation"

Today's Song Choice: Insomnia by Electric President

I'm about to get the movie back up and running.  Persistance: the one thing I know I have yet to lose!

1 comment:

  1. The movie had a strange ending, but it was certainly an interesting movie. Sure doesn't help a lost person feel any closer to home, but it did place an emphasis in enjoying the time with those who want to spend time with you. Because of that... two thumbs up, but I'll still wish I knew Japanese so I could better understand what was going on. :)

    ReplyDelete