Monday, August 16, 2010

"Back to the Days"

This training is tough.  Today I got the right program, but I only made it 3.9 miles in 50 minutes with an average heart rate of 170 bpm and an average speed of 4.7 miles per hour.  I probably could have ran it a bit faster, but I'm trying to train this heart.  So, I have to continue this, this listening to my heart.

I'm rethinking the next program.

[Nearly an hour later...]

Okay, instead I will run the same run again on Wednesday morning, and then a new program based on heart rate and distance on Friday.  Instead of running for a certain heart rate during a specific amount of time, I've drawn out a plan for an eight mile run for Friday [or maybe Wednesday instead].  Now, this will also have to happen after twelve hours of work, so I will have to plan my morning meals right and be prepared for the calorie hydration during my run.  I'm planning on two hours of running with an average heart rate of 165, which is lower than all of my recent runs.  If I complete this, then it will be the first time I've ran 8 miles since the Modderman days... so probably since early 2006.  I want to complete this before I have to have my next hospital visit.

That next hospital visit comes on the 30th.  I'm not sure what they're going to tell me.

[Another hour and a half later...]

I just was told I need to find a new place to live.  This is God giving me a deadline and comes as no surprise.

1 comment:

  1. 8 miles is a very impressive distance. I would be surprised if I could do 1.5 miles. I will be praying for your continued health and good results at the hospital.

    ReplyDelete