Thursday, August 19, 2010

Endurance Running: 8 Miles Completed Successfully

Whoo!  So, I made the eight miles! [BIG SMILEY FACES!]

The program repeated 1mile at 165bpm, .2 at 185, and .2 at 140 until I reached 8 miles.  To my happiness, 185bpm turned out to be too high.  I doubt that I'll run this far again for a while, but it was nice to do it for the first time in over four years.  This is a milestone, and life can only get better.  I'm hoping the fact that I'm off the large amounts of caffeine I used to be on is helping too.  I am down to only tea, and the running feels great!

8 miles in 118 min, 166 bpm avg, 4.1m/h avg... which did leave me walking at times
Having completed the eight miles planned ... priceless.
Knowing that I could have gone further if I hadnt ran out of my Gatorade substitute... even better.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment