Monday, January 3, 2011

This New Year Came Fast!

Briefly Summing Up The Months In 2010

January – I was dedicated to get back into being a body architect.

February – After months and months of studying, I passed my NASM personal trainer certification exam.

March – I ran away for a week in Europe.  Two weeks after returning I was in serious pain.  Workouts stopped.

April – I scored a perfect score on my capstone project, and the doctors treated me for stomach ulcers.

May – Graduation!  Pain continued and worsened.  'Babysat': I found my life cared for by a close friend.  Hospital visits became my reality.

June – More doctor visits with no results.  Enter Mountain Man.  Still aching abdominal pain.  Replan eating habits.  My good outlook on life continued despite the pain; I never let it get me down.

July – Third gallbladder cleanse = clean.  Eye surgery = instant sight and flowers.  :-)

August – I started running again.  The pain was lightening in intensity.  Another hospital visit.

September – Moved into brother's house.  'The Separator!'  More running.  I discovered volleyball sand pits to run in!

October – Meet Mountain Man! Meeting Mountain Man = spoiled Sara! Another birthday =  flowers = spoiled Sara!  Best month of the year!  "Twinkles!"

November – Work began to get busy.  Another hospital visit.  CT scan showed nothing.  They tell me I am healthy.  Internally I am still miserable.  I feel as though my whole abdominal area is still experiencing inflammation.  I again replan my diet.  Careful removal of acidic foods and attention to getting enough carbohydrates.

December – Work got crazy! Saffron juice and chia seeds became staples in my diet.  Motivation increasing.  More workouts.  Zimmie feeling back to normal.  Stress lowering but the holiday season still crazy!  Sleeping better.  Eating easier.  Christmas = Mountain Man spoils Sara again.


This has been a horrible year and incredible year!  If balance sits on a teeter totter for the year of 2010, then my internal health sat on one side while graduation, Mountain Man, and my happiness sat on the other.  Goodness, it has been a tough year!  Constantly trying to figure out my health issues and being forced to rest sure caused the year to fly by.  My Mountain Man friend has made this an amazing year though, so I'll be satisfied with the rest!  But please, let's pray this crazy health year doesn't happen again!  I'm fairly certain I now know what it all has been, so I'm not too worried.  If nothing else, with all the tests I have been through, my doctors know how healthy I am!  Ha.

Comic for the day:

1 comment:

  1. I ran across your blog through the bodyspace on BB.com. I am not sure exactly what your pain and whatnot is... but I do have a suggestion to try...

    have you ever tried taking some zantac?
    I know it sounds kinda simple and stupid, but when I was a track athlete, out of nowhere I started having some problems with the acidity in my stomach. When I worked out, it always came on full strength, but I found that taking two zantac before my workouts helped immensely!

    Just a thought. Hope things continue to look up for you! I am looking forward to starting bodyspace anew this year.

    -Jon (jml2011)

    ReplyDelete