Thursday, January 20, 2011

"Why Not Now"

Today's song: Toby Mac's "City on Our Knees"

Sometimes I surprise myself.  I've still got a lot of work to do, but my health is good and I feel great.  With the last year, I am so happy to be at this point.  For having to start somewhere, I'm definitely glad to be here and not somewhere else.  Though, a change in location wouldn't be all that bad.

Enter Montana.  The trip to the mountains this last weekend was amazing.  In Michigan, looking out the window will show the neighbors.  Do a three sixty around the house, and still, all you can see are neighbors.   Looking out the window and seeing MOUNTAINS in Montana is awesome!



Snowboarding at Big Sky was a new experience for me.  Thank goodness I had great, motivating company who kept me on my feet as much as possible.  [Really big thank goodness!]  I'm pretty sure I broke my rear end the first day out, but I hear that's a common reality to learning to snowboard.  But, it was entertaining.  Indoor rockclimbing was more natural for me, not bouldering to risk falling on my rear again, BUT sometimes I surprise myself.

Enter Jim at MC Sports on Plainfield.  Jim has one awesome personality and was a great help today.  I, again, avoided buying a "brain bucket," as he called it, before running out with my new gear, but spending an hour with a former Marine who is a riot in his older years made my purchase an enjoyable process.   It's awesome too to have someone experienced in sales of the same products I'm interested and honest about what is a great deal and what isn't.  The result:


And, that should work for now.  I wanted to head over to mom's to use the back hill, but I took a nap and then had a driveway to finish shoveling out.  Tomorrow's a long day at work, but Saturday and Sunday should allow for some hours out on the hill, despite looking to be very cold.  Even better, I can wear my bike "brain bucket" out at my mom's without feeling ridiculous.

More to come this weekend.  It's far past my bedtime!

Comic for Today:


No comments:

Post a Comment