Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Dad Must Be Watching Over Me

I'm currently addicted to listening to Lee Dewyze's song "Sweet Serendipity."  I can't seem to get enough of it.  I heard it on the way to work, wrote down the title while at work, heard it again after work on my route home, and now here it is at the top of the playlist for this post.

I went to yoga last night at the club, and after class I had a short conversation with the group ex instructor about some of the things that have been happening in my life.  Much has gone on in the last year and a half with dad's passing, my traveling, my health, and the things and people to whom I'm considering growing closer.  If anyone upstairs besides God has a hand in what is going on in the lives of my family it's that man whose chromosomes combined perfectly with my mother's to create me!  That former Air Force man himself could very well be influencing my life and my dreams still today.  (I bet I'm not the only one he's influencing.)  The instructor believes it's very possible as well and was excited for the wide possibilities and the good that is yet to come.

I believe there is much greatness yet to come.  I felt amazing today, and the areas in my life where I felt weak recently I felt strong with today.  Retail therapy and my nap probably helped as well, but I have an energy this week that hasn't been this strong for months!  And, for as much as I feel I accomplished today, I cannot wait to see what happens in the next year!  Who knows where I'll end up?  I wonder if God and dad are figuring that one out as I jot down these thoughts.

We will see... We will see!

Lyrics from "Sweet Serendipity:"

"I don’t ask for a lot
No nothing more than I need
Because I love what I got
Don’t need to play the lottery
I just want to be strong
At the end of the road
I don’t want to hold on
I want the strength to let go

...

I ain’t gonna stress
Cause the worst ain’t happened yet
Somethings watching over me
Like Sweet Serendipity"

No comments:

Post a Comment