Thursday, December 16, 2010

With My Every Reason

The saffron, tums, and careful diet has been working.  Sleep would help, but the workouts will have to wait another day or two.  I'm beyond ready to get back to the heavy lifting.  Despite some minor upper back pain, I'm feeling a lot better and rarely experience feelings of nausea anymore.  I honestly think the saffron has made a huge impact.  My head feels more clear, my body is sensing less pain, and my energy levels have been increasing dramatically.

The diet is still tough, never knowing what may cause me to feel a bit ill, and often feeling too warm internally at unexpected moments can sometimes hit me hard.  I'm working now on reintroducing foods into my diet and increasing especially my carbohydrate intake.  My brother says I should be paying more attention to my protein levels, but I know I am at least getting the minimum my body needs.  I have probably lost muscle mass, but muscle memory will bring it back.  I'm not too worried about the ratio between macronutrients that I have been consuming.

I am more worried about the lack of sleep I have been getting.  I felt so drained at work this morning after the short three hours I got once the kids got to bed.  Unfortunately they sleep in 'til 8am and my alarms wakes me at 3:30am.  I'm looking to change that as soon as possible, even if it means pushing the reset button and starting over from scratch.  I need to get more sleep.

I doubt it will come tonight though.  I have a huge project I am working on that I am going to need some assistance with once my brother gets home from work tonight after 10pm.  I am working both jobs tomorrow, so I may have to wait until Saturday or Sunday evening to begin hitting the weights hard again.  Saturday will allow me to sleep in, but Sunday wakes me early again.  It is a never ending battle.

Activity outside of work needs to come fast!  I'm looking forward to some chest/back, legs, and arms workouts, and I cannot wait for them to come!  The gym is introducing a new groove class that sounds like fun, but I wonder how closely it may resemble Zumba.  We shall see.  I still prefer a bit of yoga, Centergy, and pilates.  I still have yet to hit the pool, but there has been talk about it with one of my superior colleagues.  Once this weekend hits, though, I will feel so much better.

Thank goodness Christmas is right around the corner as well!  I need it to be over so that work calms down a bit.  I have been selfish mentally working long hours and volunteering to cover extra hours wherever and whenever possible.  I need to give my body some rest as well as the physically selfish workouts!  The new year will bring some early traveling as well.  I cannot wait!

"I have every reason.
To live the dream inside me.
I'm getting up and leavin'.
I want you right behind me."
 
Song of the day by September: "We Can Do It"

No comments:

Post a Comment