Friday, December 31, 2010

"I Need You Right Now"

The song that defines my health in the year of 2010: Kayne West "Stronger"

My energy levels are back up!  I've been cutting back on the caffeine and have been getting more sleep.  It helps that my schedule is a bit shorter at work with the holidays over, but I've picked up some extra hours at the gym over the next month.  It will be interesting to see how that all goes, but I am proud to say that I am back to working out... finally!  Eating completely different has been helping immensely!


The food I am currently in love with is Arrowhead Mills Puffed Corn:


It's just puffed corn!  There isn't even added salt!  It's become a main food group in this process of mine of discovering how to cure myself of the crap I have delt with the last year.  On a great note, I paid my last hospital bill yesterday.  And, hopefully I won't have to go back for a long while!

...

A few of the things I have missed about my own training:
  • the smell of my old weight training gloves
  • the taste of my orange preworkout protein shake
  • the sound of DMX in my ears
  • the feel of the cold barbell against my warm, moist skin
Some things I know for sure:
  • I don't want to see another doctor except for regular checkups in 2011!
  • it's been far too long since I've had a full, heavy lifting workout!
  • mountain man is a great -indirect- motivator!
  • my lungs feel stronger having exercised them with the expand-a-lung this last week
  • I have twelve days before takeoff to get in crucial workouts
Reasons for staying in on New Year's Eve:
  • My friends are okay with it
  • I'd rather not consume alcohol or dirty foods late into the night
  • I have to work in the morning
  • It's really not that fun without getting wild or being with someone special
  • It's been rainy, muddy, and cold out all day
  • I'd much rather sleep and stay on my normal schedule
  • I'm okay with being boring or lame during the winter
I'm heading for some late dinner, some reading, and sleep... So, happy New Year's to you all!  See you next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment